Pix4D Crash Investigators' Package
We offer the following package to police departments and private engineering and consulting firms:
- Pix4DMapper Pro
- 1 year support, upgrades and cloud processing capability
- Waiver and airspace authorization application preparation and filing support for night operations, low visibility operations and operation in controlled airspace.
- Preparation of operational maps for approved airspace authorizations.
- Aerial Metrics Point List Generation Tool. This tool, delivered as an Excel macro spreadsheet, adds the capability to generate a formatted X,Y,Z point list from polylines drawn and labeled within Pix4D. If you want to continue providing this data to external organizations or require it to import into CAD and crash software, this tool will produce it with the click of a button.
- 2 Strobon Cree Standalone rechargeable strobe lights for night operations.
Price: $8,700 -- the same price that Pix4D Pro is offered standalone when purchased directly from the Pix4D website. You can also request a free, fully functional 15-day trial of the software from us.
Why Buy from Aerial Metrics?
- Aerial Metrics is an authorized premium reseller of Pix4D software with a specific focus on police, public safety and crash investigators.
- The exact same software, upgrades and support services that you receive when you purchase the software directly from Pix4D.
- Additional tools and services valued at more than $450.
- Additional support from our team with specific experience using Pix4D for crash investigation and reconstruction.
As professionals with a long history in the information technology industry, we did not approach the selection of software lightly. We performed an extensive evaluation of available photogrammetry software using images from real world crash scenes in a wide range of lighting and weather conditions. We found that Pix4D was the most capable software for the specific requirements of crash investigation. In particular, we were impressed by its ability to process large datasets efficiently and the fine grained control the user has over the software. We found Pix4D provides us the ability to implement advanced techniques including combining day and night photography, and integrating ground photography with sUAS images that were taken at a different time. For this reason, Pix4D has quickly become the defacto standard for crash investigation photogrammetry and is being rapidly adopted worldwide. We anticipate that the community of crash investigators and reconstructionists using Pix4D will become an additional reason attracting police departments and consulting firms will adopt this platform.
Are there other options?
If you are expecting to process aerial photogrammetry on a regular basis, purchasing Pix4D will likely be your best option. However, the price can be a barrier for smaller organizations or those processing small case loads. In these cases there are a few options you might wish to consider:
- Aerial Metrics Outsourced Crash Processing Service: For departments and organizations that do not have the volume of crash scenes to justify purchasing Pix4D and maintaining the skills to use it effectively, we offer a processing service that will provide the deliverables you need for your investigation and reconstruction work. Simply upload your images to us and we will handle the processing for you. This service can be used either on a long term basis, or on a transitional basis as you implement your program and gain experience with the technology. Contact us for more details of this service.
- Monthly Licensing: If you have occasional need for Pix4D but can maintain the skills to be efficient with the software, you might consider the monthly licensing option at $300/month. We would be please to discuss how we can provide you access to this option and offer you some additional value in supporting your operations. Contact us to discuss how to purchase a monthly license through Aerial Metrics.