Crash Investigation Aerial Photogrammetrist prepares students to develop 3D models and orthomosaics from crash scene evidence captured using aerial and terrestrial photography. In this course students will work hands on with the Pix4DMapper photogrammetry modelling software.
- Structure from Motion (SFM) concepts
- EXIF data
- Geographic projections & geo-referencing
- Generation of sparse and dense point clouds and textured meshes
- Selection and use of manual tie points
- Conversion to local coordinate systems
- Generation of X,Y,Z point lists
- Correction of common problems in generated 3D Models
- Exporting to CAD software
All students need to bring a laptop computer with a USB port(s) and both Google Chrome and Adobe Reader installed. Student reference materials will be distributed in USB flash drives (files will accept electronic comments and highlighting and can be saved).
Access to Pix4DMapper will be provided for students.
Who Should Attend
Officers and Civilians planning to apply photogrammetric modelling techniques to analyze images and video captured at a crash scene. Participants must possess strong computer proficiency, ideally using Microsoft Windows.
|Class Size||Up to 16 students. Minimum required enrollment for class to run is 4 students.|
We will be glad to send you a free, fully functional trial of Pix4DMapper Pro. You can request it here.